Welcome

This blog is no longer being updated, but if you like what you see here, be sure to join me over at Life Pared Down!

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Inaugural Firsts

If ever there is a moment to pause and reflect, today is one of them. A historical moment unlike any other in recent history. In my life, I've been witness to major things, but none so positive and promising, none so ground breaking as this day where the United States has sworn in their first black President. It's not just about a minority President being elected, but about this particularly inspiring person. Having been following Barack Obama for several years, reading pieces of his writing and listening to him speak, I am awed (still). He amazes me, simple. I have such hope for the future.

Now only if Canada could find someone to do the same for us. Then we'd really be on to something...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How right you are about Canada!

areyoukiddingme said...

I'm usually a political cynic, but I find myself happy with our President today. I just hope he will live up to his promise.

And then I look for the snipers every time he steps out in public. Yeah, that cynicism just won't go away.

Caroline said...

It was great to hear Obama's speech. He is very inspiring and I hope thtat he lives up to his expectations.

In Due Time said...

Yesterday was great. :-)

bunny said...

I watched with 115 children and about 15 adults on a smallish tv in a multipurpose room and it was really wonderful to witness this event with three different generations. A great day.

AnotherDreamer said...

Definitely an exciting day!

Kim said...

For me its not so much that he is our first black president (I don't mean to diminish how awesome it is to have broken that barrier). He is the first person in a long time to earn our vote for President who knows what it is to work your way up. He did not come from wealth. I believe that him having those experiences will be a great benefit to our Country. Today I am also here from ICLW. Does it count since I read you all the time anyway?

Anonymous said...

i am very happy about obama too. my husband and i went to see him this past summer at a rally, it was great. i think canada is miles ahead of the states in a few ways though, namely healthcare. i desperately wish we had a better system.