Welcome

This blog is no longer being updated, but if you like what you see here, be sure to join me over at Life Pared Down!

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Optimism only a sunny day can induce...

It's amazing how the sun shining can make everything okay.

Today was a day off, making this a four-day weekend. I have needed this so much every since September. I haven't really had any time to just relax and not worry about everything, so this is a really amazing.

So I didn't do a whole lot today. Although, what I lacked in quantity, I made up in quality. I had a really good workout and really pushed myself. 20 mins med-high intesity on the elliptical, 10 minutes strength training, 5 mins core worka nd then some well deserved stretching. So far so good. I always worry about over doing it but at some point I just have to risk it and up the ante.

There are days lately that I want to cry over my relapse. I admit it freely: I have moments of pure self-pity. And then it goes away. I really don't have the time or energy for that kind of negative self-indulgence. I mean thinking of yourself for a change is a good thing but lately, I've noticed that I go the route of pessimistic dwelling. It's not helping, so I'm done with that.

So I'm trying to get over that and stay positive. I'm on the verge of a new chapter in my life. I can feel it...

No comments: