The Rules: 1) Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. 2) Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Scrap.” Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon. 3) List at least 10 honest things about yourself.
This One - A Maybe Story
Claire - Claire's Walkabout
Dave - Simply Daver
Melissa - So it goes
Meg - On the Wrong Side of Stastitics
Mrs. Gamgee - Hobbit-ish Thoughts and Ramblings
bunny - bugaboo envy
10 Honest Things About Myself
1. I had pneumonia in 2003. If I had waited one more day to go see my Dr I would have ended up in the hospital. It really shook me up! It was the beginning of a bunch of changes in my life.
2. I love fashion and love watching shows like Project Runway, What Not to Wear and Next Top Model. It's handy that I deal with uniforms at work. I actually really enjoy it; especially designing new uniforms!
3. When I'm in the magazine aisle I feel pulled towards the bridal magazines. Even though I've been married 17 months. :) I just really love weddings!
4. I grew with up a menagerie of animals (usually 3 cats, 1 or 2 dogs and a hamster or guinea pig). Moving to Vancouver meant I had to leave my cat with my parents. :( I really miss having a cat around.
5. I get in my own way when working towards goals. I can make up excuses as to why I can't do things right now. It's something I'm really trying to work on.
6. I'm fairly tech-savvy. I'm the one at work who doesn't need help to configure an email account, change a printer toner or correct formulas in excel. But don't ask me what's going on when the server is acting up, I'm as confused as everyone else.
7. I get lonely. It's hard to be in a city and have most of your family and good friends be elsewhere. I wouldn't trade living here for anything, but it's not always easy. I used to have a really active busy social life. These days, I feel like a little like a hermit. It's why I turn to my online circles so much.
8. I long to get my butt in gear and work towards showing my art in a gallery. I haven't because of #5.
9. I LOVE being in the water! I think I must have been a marine creature in a previous lifetime.
10. In 2006, I dyed my hair a rich subtle red (more auburn toned) and LOVED it! But after a few times of dyeing it, I let it go back to my natural colour (a med-light brown). Even though I'm pregnant, I really want to go red again. I think I was meant to be a redhead! lol.