Welcome

This blog is no longer being updated, but if you like what you see here, be sure to join me over at Life Pared Down!

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

A Swift Nudge

Everyone keeps telling me to breathe. I think I might hyperventilate. Oh, yeah, I guess they meant deep breathing.

I'm trying but it's hard. The sheer volume of work I'm trying to cope with is unreal. And hormones are NOT helping! I've never been a weepy person but the teary breakdowns in my office shock me.

I am so stressed that I'm worried about my fibro flaring. My arms ache from all the typing I've been doing. That's not unusual though, I'm used to typing document after document with no problems. Hence the fibro flare-up fear. Say that three times fast! ;)

The only thing that got me through today was this awe-inspiring creature stirring inside me (and tickling me into giggles).

And then I felt it.

Flick! A little foot (I'm guessing) connecting. The first felt kick. Almost if Bean was saying, "Hey Mom, remember me? Take it easy!"

All I want to do is protect this life growing in me. But to do so, I have to protect myself.

Can I go on mat leave now?

8 comments:

Willsmom said...

Funny you posted that yesterday cause I felt Little One's first real Kicks yesterday too! I love it that we're so close in development!

Melis.sa said...

aw, how sweet. Just wait until that foot or arm kick your bladder :) and your ribs...and your dh's hands...so, so happy for you hun!!

Kim said...

Wow, first kick! Go little bean!

I hopw your work load eases up soon. You will get through this rough patch with the hormones.

Jamie said...

Yay! Congrats on your first kick!

Before I felt my first movement, I was excited to think about it but patient enough to know it would happen eventually. Now that I have felt a few movements, I crave it! I have to keep myself from pleading with him to move more.

It is so addicting!

Dora said...

That's so cool!!!

AnotherDreamer said...

Awww, the first kick. That is wonderful :)

..al said...

It must have been so fantastic to have felt that...I can only imagine ...*sigh*...

But hey, can't you ask for reduced workhours/or some other option...you seem to be working too hard!!!

Anyways, hope atleast you are sleeping well, a whole night's sleep...

Try to relax....

Mr. Bean, you better start doing all the soccer moves!

MrsSpock said...

Not everyone's fibro flares! You might be lucky, right? Mine hit the skids at about 19-20 weeks, FWIW...