Welcome

This blog is no longer being updated, but if you like what you see here, be sure to join me over at Life Pared Down!

Monday, May 04, 2009

Show and Tell: Spring Greetings

While I didn't get the wonderful layers of blooming I was hoping for, my garden does have something to show for itself.

The tulips are all that bloomed in two containers of layered bulbs, except for one crocus that died weeks ago. I have crocus stems but no blooms. :( But the three that have bloomed so far are really lovely.































The pansies however, are a story of defiance and resiliance. After being crushed by a foot and a half of snow and frozen and thawed several times by our uncharacteristic cold and snowy winter here on the west coast, they have come back to life. They remind me that if you hold on long enough, you can thrive and even shine. My hubby commented that he'll think twice about calling someone a "pansy". ;)


Stop by Mel's to see what else is blooming in class...

8 comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

The colors are so vibrant!

And on the post below, I love seeing your bump.

AnotherDreamer said...

Beautiful flowers!!! I am so envious :)

..al said...

I swallowed hard when I saw the pansies...they are so gorgeous!!! Love the blooms....it must be such joy to be watching them everyday!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers and even MORE beautiful baby bump!!!!

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Lovely flowers! I'm so envious. Nothing is blooming here yet... Should be this week though!

Beautiful Mess said...

Beautiful colors! I absolutely love all the colors of spring and fall!

Jamie said...

Your flowers are beautiful! It has been raining so much here, we have had to enjoy our plants from indoors. I can't wait to get out in the yard again.

Kristin said...

Absolutely stunning flowers but that baby bump in the post below is even prettier.