Welcome

This blog is no longer being updated, but if you like what you see here, be sure to join me over at Life Pared Down!

Friday, December 31, 2004

A toast to the Old and a toast to the New...

Well here we are... New Year's Eve.

I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas. I did. It was quiet and that was fine by me. My boyfriend is here for the week, which I am so glad for.

As I reflect on this day, I reflect on what a year it was. So many good things have happened. Promises were made for the future, I've success in school, I've been focusing on what I truly want to do with my life.

But terrible things have happened as well. I think about all of thepeople who have lost their lives this year. The War in Iraq, the dreadful hurricane season, terrorist bombing in Spain and the ever growing toll of the single most devasting natural disaster in history. The tsunami that hit South-East Asia is haunting. As the death toll rises, I cannot help but watch, helpless and heart broken. Yesterday it was up to 117,000 people. PEOPLE. More people than live in Saanich (pop. 104 000). What we must remeber is that this about real people who are suffering. Who have lost so much and for those who survived, face death from lack of food, water and medical attention.

I am taking my friends advice and donating some money when I get paid in January. It may not be much but it is better than nothing. Something is always better than nothing.

No comments: