Welcome

This blog is no longer being updated, but if you like what you see here, be sure to join me over at Life Pared Down!

Friday, February 05, 2010

Friday Photo Challenge (2): VARIETY

Yay, we're in business! Technical difficulties are over...
__________________________________________

The Photo Challenge aims to allow creative ways to explore a weekly theme through photography.

Follow these steps and join the fun:

1. Post your photo on your site. You are free to leave an explanation or none at all.
2. Leave your name and the link on this Challenge Post. Please use the PERMA-LINK (the link to your actual post, not the main link to your blog).
3. Share your thoughts about my photo and others on the list by leaving a comment. This is our chance to discuss the theme and how each of us thought to document it. Hopefully, this will be more than just "Nice photo".

While I would LOVE everyone to take a moment to take a photo, I realize that it may not always be possible. So, it is perfectly fine to post a photo you have taken previously, as long as it is representative of the theme and how you want to define it.

Oh, and don’t forget one very important thing… HAVE FUN!
_______________________________________________

This week's theme: VARIETY

It's a simpler and probably more lighthearted than last week and I think, fun. I was cooking (what else is new?) and my photo is both symbolic and literal. Symbolic, in that I was shaking things up and trying something new; literal, in that you can't get more variety than in 15-Bean Soup Mix.







Next Theme (Feb. 12, 2010): CELEBRATIONS
In honour of the Opening Ceremonies for the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Games, lets take a moment to show off the different ways we celebrate. Whether it is a personal and private celebration, or one giant public party, we tend to celebrate the big and the small. All I know is, there is a wonderful energy building in this city of mine and I'm hoping to be able to capture it somehow.

10 comments:

[cre] said...

ooooh fun! I will have to see what I can come up with :) I love taking photos and this encourages me to try new shots!

areyoukiddingme said...

That's a lot of beans!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kristin said...

My post is food too! Yummy beans.

Mrs. Gamgee said...

I'm in a goofy mood tonight... honestly when I saw your pic the first thing that went through my head was "beans, beans, musical fruit..." ;)

Great variety!

..al said...

Oh yes, that is tons of variety...

...did you mix the 15 yourself, or is it some readymade mix available for soaking/or for making soup or so?

..al said...

Laughing at Missus Gamgee's comment. I actually checked your post in the morning. At that time when I saw the pic, I was about to type out the same rhyme that she is referring to. An American pal had taught me that rhyme, a long while back.

Jamie said...

Very cool photo! Plus, it sounds delicious.

AnnaBelle said...

I love your bean photo!

Muser Grace said...

Love the photo!