Welcome

This blog is no longer being updated, but if you like what you see here, be sure to join me over at Life Pared Down!

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Under the Weather

I hate being sick at the best of times, but being sick and pregnant just plain sucks. Day 2 of being home from work sick. It;s a beautiful sunny day outside and that just depresses me.

Luckily for me, it's not the flu. Just a really bad head cold.

But I'm on the mend and should be back to work tomorrow.

On a more positive note, R and I finally filed our taxes. Oops, did I just admit that? Yes, we never did get around to filing by the April deadline. But we did know we were getting a refund. What we didn't know was how much.

R went and got everything done yesterday. He called me on his way home.

When he told me the amount, I nearly fainted. I know I swore afterwards. It's not an insane amount but definitely more money than we've ever had at one time. Just in time for Bean.

I'm breathing a little easier about mat leave now.

6 comments:

areyoukiddingme said...

Hurray! Nothing better than bonus money!

Hope you're feeling better soon...

Kristin said...

Woohooo...that extra money couldn't come at a better time. Hope you fell 100% very soon.

Jamie said...

I'm so sorry you are feeling bad. I hope you are on top of the weather soon!

And what great news about your taxes!

Wow - how often do you see 'great news' and 'taxes' in the same sentance?!?!

Melis.sa said...

man alive, i hope you're feeling better soon! i didn't get sick while preg. but when my DD was about 4 wks old i had the WORST flu ever...

woot woot for refund!!

AnotherDreamer said...

Hurray for filing the taxes finally, and for getting a nice refund!

Hope you feel better soon.

..al said...

Wow! Nothing like a flush of money when you are really needing it!

Hope you feel better soon!

Take it easy!