Welcome

This blog is no longer being updated, but if you like what you see here, be sure to join me over at Life Pared Down!

Saturday, September 12, 2009

No she's not here yet...

...in case my absence had you wondering.

5 weeks to go! Sorry to have been AWOL, but work has been nuts this last week and I've been having really bad pain in my left hip. Hoping to see a RMT this week and have it taken care of. Walking, sitting and sleeping has been incredibly difficult and painful.

But on happier news, I'm finally on mat leave!! I cannot tell you how happy this makes me. The only that would have made it better would be if I could have walked out yesterday and not still had things to do. I ended up emailing myself stuff that I needed to explain in emails or else I'd worry all the time or end up expecting phone calls at home (which I really don't want unless absolutely necessary). I also stayed late. So late that my friend and I were the last ones there and we had to set the alarm. My last day and I couldn't even keep it to business hours. Go figure.

Today is a beautiful warm fall day, with a touch of crispness, just the way I like it. Off to see what I'm up to doing (not much I think) and then to dinner at our friend's place.

Promise not to disappear for too long unless I'm going into labour in which case I may or may not be able to give you a head's up. :)

Enjoy your Saturday everyone.

7 comments:

IF Optimist, then... said...

Yeah, today's weather is perfect. Glad to know you are out enjoying it. Sorry about the pain, hope it gets better soon.

Melis.sa said...

woot for mat leave!! I hope they can help you with the pain...I'm hoping that you can get a few weeks of rest before your little girl arrives :)

..al said...

LOLOLOL...Yeah Right!!!

Am glad that you are on your maternity leave finally...that will allow you some breathing space!

Keep us posted (that's not a polite request)! ;)

Be good!

AnotherDreamer said...

Enjoy the maternity leave :)

areyoukiddingme said...

Hurray for maternity leave! You make me so happy that I can't ever bring my work home with me...

Kristin said...

Glad you got to enjoy some wonderful weather.

Can't wait to hear about your little one arriving.

Jamie said...

I know she still has a few weeks left to cook, but every time I see a post up, I think, "Maybe this is the one!"

Enjoy your mat leave! Mine doesn't officially start until a week from today. I just had a four day weekend and am DREADING going back in the morning.