Welcome

This blog is no longer being updated, but if you like what you see here, be sure to join me over at Life Pared Down!

Thursday, June 25, 2009

One Step at a Time

Well I survived. It's Wednesday and I'm still exhausted. The craziness doesn't necessarily end now that this event is over (I start working on another one soon enough), but at least it's not keeping me up at night or giving me panic attacks.

I'm counting down the days (4 work days) till I'm on vacation. We're not going to far, just for a long weekend (4 days) to visit some family. But then I get 6 days at home to do whatever the h*ll I want to. There are some friends I want to catch up with, a disaster of an apartment to clean and tidy (and make room for a certain little one), oh, and did I mention some serious beach bumming? Yes, I plan to relax with some good books and carefully (with high spf) catch some rays.

When I come go back to work, depending on Bean, I'll have only 8-10 weeks till I go on mat leave. I'm hoping to make it to Oct.1 but I also recognize that it may be Sept.15. We'll see how things go.

But 8-10 weeks isn't much time to get my sh*t together, finish projects and get things ready for my replacement. It's a little scary how fast time is going by.

On top of, oh you know, getting ready to bring a child into this world, dh and I are trying to prepare ourselves for the other huge changes that could/will come our way in a mere 6 months. Dh is writing his PhD thesis. When he's done, so is his experiment. Then he'll have to look for a post-doctoral job. Yep, no potential stress there...

One step at a time of course, but there are so many changes that will come our way. We're just trying to take it a month at a time, but I'm a planner. I need to look ahead and prepare myself for many different possibilities.

It's just overwhelming when you put everything into perspective.

On a happy note, we're going for our 3D u/s tomorrow. I'll be 24 weeks (6 months!!!), so you know what that means... belly pic time. And show and tell...

8 comments:

..al said...

All the very best for the scan! Take Care!

areyoukiddingme said...

I'm glad you survived your event. I think you'll find that you will be forced to slow down soon, so don't stress about what you're not getting done. Just be proud of what you can get done!

A vacation sounds lovely - and yours sounds ideal...

Melis.sa said...

i can't believe how fast time is going!! Woot for the 3d u/s!! I still look at the ones we had when my dd was about 32 wks.

That's awesome about the long weekend and beach bumming. I hope it brings some much needed relief from the stress of everything going on at work ((HUGS))

Kristin said...

Wow...3D ultrasound time already!!! Have a wonderful vacation.

IF Optimist, then... said...

Congrats on finishing the event. How exciting for your u/s. Enjoy every minute!

Jamie said...

It ~is~ very overwhelming! Enough to make me throw up in my mouth just a little bit.

I am happy to hear your event went off without a hitch. Even happier to hear your vacation is just a few short days away! You deserve a few days of veg time.

Good luck at the 3D u/s! I can't wait to see pics!

AnotherDreamer said...

All the best hun. Hope the stress dies down soon, and that you get to enjoy yourself on your visit with family.

Yay for the 3D u/s!

Mrs. Gamgee said...

I can't believe it's almost been six months! I am so happy for you my friend! I can't wait to see the pics of that little bean in 3D.