Welcome

This blog is no longer being updated, but if you like what you see here, be sure to join me over at Life Pared Down!

Sunday, March 18, 2007

An extra long weekend...

So I pulled a Claire...
Well, I didn't know that she had stayed home sick earlier on the week until today. But I felt slightly ill on Thursday and then woke up Friday morning with a massive headache. I could barely move. So I called in sick.

It was so nice to sleep as long as I needed (I got up at 10am) and then just do as much or as little as I felt. I really don't think I could've sat through work anyway. But I did go to my 3:30 psyc class, which was, as usual, a lot of fun. What can I say... I love psyc!

Speaking of which, I think I've got my degree planning all figured out. When I decided to attempt honours psyc, I kinda missed the fact that I wouldn't have room to do a minor. But I think I really need some art classes to balance me out. So I worked it out and it looks like I can take a series of photography classes at UBC if I do about an extra semester. I can deal with that. It actually will work out pretty well (hopefully).

Ryan and I were talking , and he's totally on board with it, but I decided that once the wedding and honeymoon are over, I'm going to stop working and focus on school. I just can't do 3 classes and work as much as I am. But I need to work in order to afford to live. But once the wedding is over, I can devote my funds to living expenses, so it should all work out. I figure I'll probably stop working the summer of fall semester of 2008.

You know what is really weird? I was working on my degree planning and I have many classes mapped out for each semester from now until I graduate. The kicker? I should finish in April 2010! Crazy, isn't it? I mean, intellectually, I knew that I would finish school then, but I don;t think it really sunk in...

Well, I should get back to my tidying... I'm in one of my clean till I drop moods. This place is looking pretty good... I also have a friend picking me up for coffee and then Ryan's parents just called to let us know they're in town and ask if we wanted to get together for dinner. Guess I'm saving my homeade chicken pot pie recipe for tomorrow...

No comments: