This blog is no longer being updated, but if you like what you see here, be sure to join me over at Life Pared Down!

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Ok, So Where Were We?

Say Where Were We three times fast... it's reminiscent of just stepping out of the dentist's office.

I am feeling MUCH better, although I have a headache right now. Bean is still congested and coughing a little but is far better than last week. She also had a minor ear ache from whatever bug she had but it's now gone without the intervention of antibiotics, which I am very glad for. I really didn't want to have to medicate her at this age if I could help it.

Taking her into the walk-in clinic was fun. I didn't want to go all the way downtown on the day all the Olympic althletes, visitors and official were heading out of town. So I went to the clinic a couple blocks down. We had to wait about an hour. Luckily Bean had a nap in my arms. She was getting pretty cranky, so I was glad when she finally nodded off for a bit. Monday was the first day I really felt like I rejoined the land of the living. We might have just had colds but whatever bug it was was nasty!

Yesterday, I had an appointment with my psychiatrist. She was surprised and happy with how well I've been doing. So am I actually. It felt so wonderful to tell her that Bean and I are actually having fun together. Some days are still hard, but I don't fall to pieces when they happen. Like today for instance. Baby Girl is having an off day, to see the least. I'm waiting for her to wake up from her nap so I can get out and enjoy the semi-sunny day- I really need the exercise.

It is very much spring around here. The trees are blooming, people are cutting their grass, and don't forget the showers that come and go. It's the standard Vancouver spring weather. Carry sunglasses and an umbrella, because the weather changes every few minutes. We always joke around here that if you don't like the weather, wait five minutes. And if that doesn't work, wait five more.

I'm slowly getting back into the groove. Last week took a lot out of me. It's hard caring for a sick infant when you're sick yourself. She had a hard time sleeping because of her congestion, so I didn't get to nap the way I so desperately wanted to. It seems I'm still feeling the effects of being ill, since I don't have a tonne of energy. I'm getting there though. Meanwhile, it's going to take me awhile to reaquaint myself with what happening with everyone, so bear with me.

For those participating in the Friday Photo Challenge, it should be on this week as long as I can get the auto-link form to cooperate.


areyoukiddingme said...

Glad you're feeling better, in all ways. You're doing a great job!

Melis.sa said...

I'm glad that you're both recovering!! Hopefully you got out and enjoyed that sunshine :)

Kristin said...

I am so glad things have improved. Hope y'all both continue feeling better...physically and emotionally.

Another Dreamer said...

Very happy to hear you are feeling better :) May things continue getting better.

Saige said...

Sorry to hear you were both so under the weather, but glad to hear you are on the mend. Its great to hear you had a wonderful appt with your shrink. I love the ones where you walk out happier than you went in, and I love it even more when you have a positive break through. Who knew getting help could be so rewarding?

..Soo.See.. said...

Glad you're both feeling better! :)

Steggie said...

it's so good to hear that voice coming from you again! Enjoy what you can when you can and don't beat yourself up about still having down days. You've done a terrific job making it this far and it is going to keep getting better! Especially with the sun on it's way.