This blog is no longer being updated, but if you like what you see here, be sure to join me over at Life Pared Down!

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

In true Lindsay style...

I missed my alarm and was almost late for my first day of work! I had set my alarm for 6:30, which I checked twice before going to sleep. Meanwhile...

I went to bed with a headache that I couldn't seem to get rid of. Then I spent a restless night fighting to keep some of the sheets for myself. I woke up at like 5:30 or something and I had no sheet and only a small bit of the blanket covering me. I wasn't the only one having a restless night. Suffice to say that I never heard my alarm go off, but apparently Ryan said he vaguely heard it go off and that I turned it off (it was indeed switched off when I checked later). I woke up at 7:00 when Ryan's alarm went off! I freaked out, cursed and hurried to get ready for work... I had to be out of the house by 7:20 to make it to work on time. I felt rushed, tired and gross because I didn't have time for a shower. To top it off, I still had a headache. Well, at least I didn't smell...

Got to work after stopping for coffee and a muffin (my breakfast becuase I didn't have time for that either) and had the normal tour and introductions. Work was actually pretty good despite a rough start. It was quiet in the morning so I had a chance to get a feel for things. The afternoon was busier (especially the last hour and a half) because I got behind on a couple of things. Mostly it was becuase I'm just learning their procedures and also where the heck everything is stored. But it was a good day. Felt tired when I got home and I still have that headache but I think I know how to get rid of it... might have to bring out the superstrong essential oil blend I have for migraines.

As for the weekend, we had a good time on Canada Day. R and I went to Granville Island to take in the free Jazz festival shows going on there. WE saw some really great stuff and enjoyed ourselves. We then went for dinner at this really great restaurant on Granville Is. called the Sandbar. The service was exceptional and the food soooo good. I had the most amazing black cod. Oh, yum! Turned out to be a pricey dinner but I think we got what we paid for.

Saturday we had dinner with R's parent's. We went to the Banana Leaf which serves Malaysian food. It was soooo cheap (especially compared to Friday) and was really fantastic. I can't wait to go and try their other stuff.

Sunday was a quieter day. Went grocery shopping, did laundry, the normal stuff. In the afternoon we went to the mall and did a tiny bit of shopping (I finally have a pair of sandals!) and then caught a couple of the last Jazz fest perfomances. Watched Back to the Future III (watched the second one on Sat). R couldn't believe that I hadn't seen them. I, of course, have seen the first one (many times in fact) but never the other two. They really are great. Michael J. Fox and Chistopher Lloyd are really fantastic.

Well, I'll try not to make this much longer (can't believe it's this long already). In other news, I personally am doing a bit better. My depression has been a big problem lately (as some can attest to) but I think I know what's causeing it. But the last few days have been better. I'm pretty sure getting my job has helped my optimism at least a little. But things are that good yet. I still can't seem to get really happy and excited about things. Things are kind of dulled for me.

I thin it's time to be proactive abot this. I know what I have to do... it's just a matter of doing it.

No comments: