Welcome

This blog is no longer being updated, but if you like what you see here, be sure to join me over at Life Pared Down!

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Looking for the Magic

Three days till Christmas and I find myself in a strange place. I'm happy enough about the holidays but I wouldn't say I'm excited really. It's not the same without friends and family to celebrate with. This is the first Christmas that we're entirely on our own for and I keep thinking that we need to do something, but I've yet to find anything interesting to do on Christmas day since most places are closed. Still pondering but so far all I've come up with a a good walk in the morning. The issue with this? The Met Office has issued a heavy rain warning for Christmas day and possibly Boxing Day as well.

Yeah, okay. Back to the drawing board.

Nonetheless, I did do the one bit of shopping on Tuesday that I needed to do. I actually went out in the evening… on my own! I realized that it was the first time I've done so since we got to Scotland. Why? I've never really had a reason to go anywhere at night, unless we've been out for dinner.

Since we haven't had much snow to take pictures of, here's some from last year when we were living with hubby's parents. These are all natural light images at night during the actual snowfal. All I can say was that the hushed sounds and crispness made it so very magical. I could use a little of this right now...




5 comments:

areyoukiddingme said...

I do love that post-snowfall hush...

I know the feeling of wanting to do SOMETHING on Christmas. My husband prefers to just stay at home, which is against my nature. But it's suprisingly relaxing and cozy, especially if you never get out of your pajamas!

"Alone again.... naturally!" said...

It will be a little bittersweet going to Vancouver this year and you will not be there. But finding something to do when none of you will be home for Christmas this year was paramount! Looking forward to skyping with you guys Christmas morning, your time!!

St Elsewhere said...

Oh those images are definitely magical!

I hope you were able to have a good Christmas...being away from family and friends must be hard on a day like that...

Jessica said...

Tomorrow I will wear something besides pjs for the first day since Christmas. These photos are gorgeous!

Thanks,
Jessica

Jamie said...

Those pics are amazing! If nothing else, this time of year brings the nostalgia full force. I hope you had a wonderf Christmas and Boxing Day.