Welcome

This blog is no longer being updated, but if you like what you see here, be sure to join me over at Life Pared Down!

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Is it really mid-October already???

It just astounds me how time goes by with out me even noticing! I figured I'd better post now before too much more happens and I can't keep up.

Where to start? Somehow, I've made it this far and am actually doing well. Really well. Which is novel and strange and well, wonderful. My doctor and I have been working on trying to find the right dosage of my medication. It's tricky because it takes awhile to know if it's working and frankly I'm kinda tired of being patient. I want it to work now dammit! LOL! Such is life, eh? But we seem to have got it right this time and even I can tell the difference.

Fibromyalgia is a strange and confusing syndrome. Every time you think you understand what's going on in your body, it throws you for a loop. I'm still too early in the treatment phase to have anything really figured out. It's a process. A really long one that will likely last my whole life. And I'm starting to be okay with that... which is weird (an ultimately good for me). I think it's that freakishly optimistic part of me gone crazy, but hey, stranger things have been known to happen. But at least I do it with drama! (right Claire?)

But as I said before, things are going well. I'm now quite settled in school and am loving every minute of it. I honestly think that I am more prepared and mature this time around. It also helps that I am only doing 3 classes. This allows me to focus more as well as work part-time and not go entirely insane. Right now I am taking Design, Into Painting 1 and the first half of Intro Psychology. All of it is fascinating and all of it really makes me think. It also doesn't hurt that I get to spend Friday mornings immersed in my acrylic paints, which is incredibly therapeutic.

Work is good, and it's getting better.I reverted from full-time to part-time when I went back to school. I had essentially been doing two jobs and am now just focusing on one (which is way less crazy). That meant that they had to hire someone to replace me at Reception. Which they did, and then recently let go since she ended up being a disaster. Weeks of damage control (and reassuming most of the admin duties for Reception) later and I now have things mostly under control and taken care of. Oh, how I can't wait for them to hire someone. The sooner, the better! I only work 16 hours a week and haven't had any real time to devote to my own projects lately. But that is changing and I should hopefully get things back on track soon.

2 comments:

Dave said...

don't let Amica suck the life out of you! Your priority is you, and you alone. Just remember that. Too often we sacrifice ourselves for the sake of a business - I did it for 2 years. Don't get sucked in!

The Steadfast Warrior said...

i'll try to remember that. And I take great pleasure in reminding myself that at the end of the day, i am an artist and I work for myself. Ha!