This blog is no longer being updated, but if you like what you see here, be sure to join me over at Life Pared Down!

Monday, April 25, 2005

Last days in Victoria...

Right now I'm sitting in my room in my parent's house surrounded by boxes. Boxes, boxes and more boxes. My life currently exists packed tightly in boxes. Not mention the tonne of stuff that has to go in the car. My Mom and I spent most of yesterday packing. Between that and moving all the boxes into my room, my body is sore and tired. It's only 10:30 and I feel like going back to bed! Or at least collapsing on the couch. Mmmm... sounds good.

Last night I had dessert at the Cactus Club with Cheryl. The food was good and so was the bathrroms. Very nice. Then we wondered around downtown where we ended up at Johnny Zee's. Played a shoot'm up game, a motorbike racing game, a car racing game and the basketball game. We had fun and laughed ourselves silly. I also learned that I'm a very good shot. I'm not sure if I should be concerned about that...

Tonight I'm having dinner with Cass, Dustin and Aurora. Ahhh Aurora. Love that little girl. She's like a neice to me. It should be a nice evening. It'll be good to talk more with Cass. We didn't really have a chance on Saturday.

Now Saturday evening was great. Had a get-together at the Irish Times Pub. A lot of people turned out which made it a lot of fun. It was definitley not a night I was going to walk away sober from. Had one beer.. Keith's IPA.. one of my fave's. Then, Dave bought me a 'dirty nellie'. If you don't know what it is, it's guiness and irish wiskey with a shooter of bailey's that you drop in and then you down the entire drink. I wasn't sure I was going to make it but I did. All I could taste was the bailey's, which was a good thing becuase Dave said it smelled like ass. I didn't really want to think about it so I focused on the bailey's.

Then Frankie bought a pitcher of Keith's and proceeded to fill glasses. At some point my glass was topped up. Then came a second pitcher and I was topped up twice.... I think. Suffice to say, I'm not quite sure how much I had. In between chatting and drinking I danced it up with the live band. But I'm so grateful to Dave for driving me home. Wasn't too sure I could make it to the bus on my own. My world was spinning pretty nicely. Made it home, took some tylenol and collapsed into bed. Woke up feeling not too bad at all. Just a minor headache.

It was a great night and I want to thank everyone for coming out. When Dave sends me the evidence (ie. photos) I'll post them. There were some really good ones, especially the one of the group.

Ryan moved in yesterday and I get to talk to him tonight now that our phone line is finally hooked up. Took Telus till this morning, which I guess isn't too bad.

Tomorrow the movers some to take away my stuff. Then on Wednesday we are all on the 9am ferry. Ryan is leaving work at 1pm and then us and my parents are going to Granville Island. Going to be an emotional day, I can just tell. But at least my parent's accept the fact that I'm moving. Not like Dave's parents. I guess all parent's deal with it in their own weird way and we just have tolet them go through the motions. Especially my parents. The reality is that they don't get to ease into it. After all, my brother moved to Pender for the summer, only 3 weeks ago. Now I'm leaving. Major empty-nesting going to happen. But they'll be fine and so will I.

I'm going to miss Victoria and all the wonderful people here. But I'm ready to make this change. I'm ready to take the leap. With any luck I'll have solid ground beneath me when I land... otherwise I'll be landing somewhere in the Straight of Georgia. I think I'll pass on that one!

The next time I write it will be from my new apartment... so everyone take care for now and I'll let you know how I'm doing when I get settled.


No comments: